Sunday, January 02, 2011

Starting 2011 Strong

First things first.

I finally finished designing my website in Flash. It's a simple website that is full functional, no "Under Contruction". I'm so glad that I took that class. I do plan on updating it soon and completely revamping it. The goal would be to have that as the main hub for all my updates. Please visitmy official website and let me know what you think.

Secondly.

I was informed that Shrek #2 is finally out with yours truly as the back artist. Please run out immediately to your local comic shop and purchase as many copies as you can carry!! lol

VisitApe Entertainment's websitefor additional information!

Thirdly.

Thought you guys might be interested in what my studio actually looks like.
Here are a few images of my "view" every night and weekends. I look forward to the day where I can have a studio with an actual closing door.







Lastly.

The holidays were great but scuttled my timeline on issue #3 on AKA. I have two pages left to go and then it'll be time for the last hoorah with issue #4. It'll be a bitter sweet feeling to end this book. I look forward to starting my new project, which I will announce upon AKA's completion. But I will definitely miss these characters. Perhaps I can convince Steve to write another story with these characters, a prequel...or maybe disregard typical "laws of continunity" with a story that takes place after. We shall see.

Second lastly.

If you were wondering whatever happened to the two books I did last, "Planet Zoo" and even before that "Imaginary Friends 2". I was recently informed that the business end of these books were tied up in a lawsuit, there is hope that a settlement will be reached shortly.

Though I was paid for both, I have to vent some frustration. I don't just want these books to come out. I need them to! It seems that I have fallen in the cracks of the industry, being unable to obatin work since I'm considered "unexperienced" or "have yet to be published". On the contrary, I was somewhat successful with self-publishing "Convention Confessional". In fact, I was even reviewed in Wizard Magazine, when it was still a comic related publication. Not bad for a nobody. I've been working in this industry for almost ten years and have been featured in 12 books total for several companies. So for any future employers, I can assure you that I am a hard working, professional and productive artist who has paid his dues. My work and many references speak for themselves.

So here's to 2011. I hope to get more comic related work!

No comments: