Monday, February 06, 2012

Graphic Novel Cover

So AKA wrapped up all 4 digital issues with the printed version in hot pursuit. Though it's still a work in progress, waiting for a few more quotes to put on there, it's pretty much done. It would be criminal for me not to mention this, so Steve and I discussed what the cover idea should be. Once we agreed on a wrap around with all the villians on one side and Truelove & Doyle on the other (waiting for disaster) I started penciling. Actually all these characters were drawn separately and photoshopped in together. Then I looked it over and realized that this was very similar to an image my friend, Mike Hawthorne drew. It was somewhere in the recesses of my mind and must have crept into my design process. At any rate, Mike was super cool and said "Go with it". One should always make sure, if something is similar, not to step on the toes of others. It's called RESPECT.

So without further adieu (pencils to final design):



No comments: