Wednesday, May 13, 2009

GL Commission and more...

So, where should I begin. I recently finished a nice Green Lantern Commission, full color, full figure, 11x17. Click image to enlarge.



In addition to that, I have a few pieces up at a local art show. I haven't done one in a long while. I doubt I'll do one again. I hate art shows really, nothing seems to sell and I always worry about the stuff being stolen. In college, I had two pieces stolen from a student show. I prefer having the work out at cons, I have the illusion of control. Anyways, here's a few quick shots.





This Saturday, I have a photo shoot setup so I'll have nice "artsy" photos for promotional use. As my good friend, Chris, told me once, everyone should have good photos of themselves. I can't argue with that. I hired a friend of my younger brother who is a photography student. He has a lot of potential and he'll get some nice experience out of this. Check out his online portfolio by clicking here.

Finally, the comic company, Outlaw Entertainment, that bought my last book (from Viper) and has hired me for the current novel just went public. You can check out their site by looking at the right side menu bar. I don't have released dates for my titles just yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you guys know.

Oh yeah, I took the lil' woman to see Wolverine last weekend. The movie wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, however, it was not very good. Terrible plot, bad CGI and WTF was up with the ending? I for one am excitied and hoping Terminator Salvation will restore my faith in sci-fi/comic genre movies. I took a half day from work just to go see it on the 21st.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I hope to have a few panels from the new book (Chapter 2) up shortly. Take care!

No comments: