Sunday, March 03, 2013

Kickstarter Success and more

Hey Gang,

It's been a while since I've updated this site. So what's the good news? We successfully raise the necessary funds for the prequel, A.K.A: One in the Chamber. Many thanks to our backers for that!

So now what?

I've been asking myself that question and to be honest, I'm on the fence as to my future in this industry. Unfortunately all the fun and excitement of creating comics gets blunged to death by the business aspects of such an endeavor. Making comics (in the business sense) is like discovering Santa isn't real. Once you've gone through the ringer of producing a printed book, all the magic is gone and you realize anyone can do this. I can see why top professional artists and writers still love this medium, they don't have to deal with any of the birthing process. LOL

I have a book I wanted to do. I wrote a first draft (150 pages) and have character designs but not the drive to move the project forward. It's been sitting on my art desk for over 6 months and will very well be my last book.

A lot of this decision is born out of frustration; dealing with printers, customs, and costs. In addition, I started a new day job last October that I absolutely love and fulfills my creative needs.

So my dilemma is quite simple:

comics = lose of time and $ with little praise

new day job = draw cartoons, lots of praise and make $

At the moment, I just don't love comics and after 15+ years of trying, I hope to find that love again.

Thank you, my small band of loyal fans, for all your love and support. Hopefully I'll return to the stage.

No comments: